Adding value for ALL RS sailors
- Sets the rules to give great one-design and handicap racing - enhancing resale values
- Organises websites, race reports, news, social media - keeping you informed
- Organises racing events with fantastic social scene - improving your Class’s popularity and value
- Organises training events - helping you get the most from your boat
- Liaises with the builder, RS Sailing - ensuring the quality and specification are what owners want
- Negotiates excellent discounts from the RS Sailing Store, including sail discounts, and many other companies
- Encourages new people to get involved - giving a better experience for everyone
Who is your Class Association?
- It is run by volunteer sailors with back-up by part time professional administrators
- The sailors make the plans and decisions - without having to do all the leg work
Please show support by joining your Class Association
- The cost is tiny compared to your benefits, working out at just £3.75 per month for Full Membership, £3 per month for Club Membership or £2.08 per month for Youth Membership
- By taking out International Class Association membership for one class, you will have reciprocal membership to the RS100, RS200, RS300, RS400, RS600, RS700, RS800, RS Vareo International and International RS500 Class Associations
- One event membership is available for all events except National and major championships, for use by those borrowing a boat, intending to only sail in one RS Class Association event etc. Click here.
Stewart Brewing Day announced for the Noble Marine Rooster RS400 National Championships
As the first RS400 sailors arrive at East Lothian YC for the Noble Marine Rooster National Championships, starting on Monday, the RS Class Association are delighted to announce that Wednesday will be Stewart Brewing Day.
Stewart Brewing is an independent craft brewery based in Loanhead, Midlothian, and was established in 2004 by Steve and Jo Stewart. It produces beer in small batches which are available in about 200 pubs in Edinburgh, the Lothians, Fife, the Borders, Glasgow and Newcastle.
The brewery has strong ties with both the RS400 fleet and East Lothian Yacht club, having been the sponsor of the RS400 and RS200 Scottish tours for some time and Steve Stewart a former member of ELYC.
The brewery will be donating generous prizes for the day’s racing, but for those not lucky enough to win, the club’s draught beer is exclusively Stewart’s. Sailors not travelling to North Berwick for the event need not miss out either, Stewart’s renowned mixed cases of traditional beers including Holyrood, Edinburgh Gold and Stewart’s 80/- and more unusual beers with intriguing names such as Radical Road and Masterplan can be ordered online.
Steve Stewart said “We are proud to sponsor the RS400 Sailing National Championships and wish all the local teams competing good luck in the race!”
Follow the action here